Friday, October 3, 2008

Abdominal Pain


While drinking coke at the canteen, I remembered the words of my doctor :

"....nitin, you are diagnosed with hepatic stetosis, so improve your eating habits. Drinking and smoking are not allowed and also try to get something less oily and fatty...."

There exists only two type of days in my life, one when i am ill having a little stomach pain, acidity, and the other when I am more ill when I have this unbearable stomach pain, chest pain, acidity at its height. Yeah you guessed it right, I follow his instructions only the other days and take a resolution to follow them always. I cry in pain, "God, save me. I will (not) follow his instructions always and forever". But all in vain, as soon as I get into my good days i.e. when i am less ill, I again start this Maggie, coke, smoke and all other banned stuff. 

You might not understand why I am making so much fuss over stomach pain. So here is a little diagnosis . If you are having abdominal pain, you might be suffering from :

  1. little indigestion(thank to god!!! why? read ahead and you will know.)
  2. Gas ( did you drink too much coke or ate something that upset your stomach. again thank god!)
  3.  Stomach ulcer ( ever got mouth ulcer and tried to chew everything from the other side of mouth. try the same with stomach, might relieve you a little!!)
  4. pregnancy (there are better ways to know if you are pregnant. So this one gets eliminated.!!)
  5. food Poisoning.
  6. liver and pancreas inflammation. ( the one I am having!!)
  7. Heart attack ( I hope you will thank god next time if you had pain for cause 1 or 2)
  8. kidney stones. (You might have to live on pills for rest of your life.)
  9. Appendicitis ( inflammation of the appendix.)
  10. Irritable bowel syndrome ( IBS). why IBS causes stomach pain is still a mystery( as per the website i am referring to.)
And the bad news is that for all these...pain is the same. So remember to get some doctor's advice before you take a meftal or buscopan next time. 

and for all those who drink, "remember the drink limit", otherwise you also might be writing something similar in the near future. I will soon write on my past drinking habits to let you estimate your limits.

That was a little on abdominal pain, for more there is always the great, mighty, endless, "GOOGLE"...

Note: I still drink but it has decreased to .0000001% of what I used to drink an year back. For this,  thanks to "vodafone".

2 comments:

kamal said...

will u briefly tell me about "vodafone " so that i can suggest to guys who r suffering from same problem :)

NKG said...

sure kamal, meet me.