Sunday, October 12, 2008

Trip to Gangtok - Part 1

Gangtok: We were on-board with 2nd class tickets. Thanks to Pranay who got us seats and we had a (relatively) comfortable journey.

As Lewis Carroll said:
"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there."


This trip was probably the best trip of my life mainly for two reasons:
  1. The trip was fully unplanned, so no worries of booking hotel, tickets or things like that.
  2. and I celebrated my B'Day at a height of more than 17000 ft., that was amazing.
As soon as the train left the station, we again started with our cards, though pranay was feeling sleepy and went on the first floor soon. We three kept on playing 3-2-5 game for as long as I can remember. The train was running at its top speed and we reached NJP in just 7 hrs. There we headed for a dhaba as we all missed our dinner. After that we took a cab for siliguri and from there to Gangtok.

The climate was calm. It rained during most of the journey, needless to say I loved it ( my love for rain is evident from the fact that I never attend a class on a rainy day).

The rest of the trip was more adventurous and exciting than I thought. Driving through the terrain with no roads,chatting with an army man of my village, drinking through-out the journey( I drank 1/2 wine, a quarter of rum and some breezers in a single day and luckily did not get any abdominal pain ;) ) and I driving Thakur crazy with the line "Thakur haath kyun nahi utthatey".

Time to go, OS assignment is waiting for me and I don't want to make you more jealous. Ha Ha...


P.S. : Once again, Thanks to Thakur for making my 20th BirthDay a memorable one. Thakur rocks maxxx....(IIT-G communiy style).



No comments: